In-depth profiles

Robyn Bergeron robyn.bergeron at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 18:16:33 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 10:47 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 10:33:38AM -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
>> I'm going to pick up one, as discussed in last week's mktg meeting
>> (although, I never got back to mchua to tell her I'd do it) -
>>
>> One question though, we talked about me doing a desktop feature, but
>> nothing listed on this page is desktop-specific.  Do we still need to
>> pick up 3 more interviews?
>
> Both the Ogg Theora video and NetworkManager enhancements are
> desktop-centric features.  If you were interested in something more
> comprehensive, and preferred to roll in some additional desktop level
> features into a single interview, that would be OK too.  I think we're
> at a point in the release cycle where you need to make that decision
> quickly and then let us know here on the list.  I can help you find
> someone to be your interviewee; I'm thinking of Dan Williams in the
> case of NM, or Matthias Clasen in the case of Desktop overall.

I think it might be easier for me to take on an overall-desktop interview,
mostly because I'm not entirely sure I could come up with a reasonable
list of questions
on Just Ogg or Just NetworkManager to last for more than 5 minutes of
interview time, since
I'm not extremely in-depth familiar with either of them.  I'm more an
average user, so I think
the questions I could ask on overall-desktop stuff would be (a) easier
for me to understand / develop, and (b)
probably play out well to other non-technical users.  I'll email
matthias and see what/when I can set up, and
cover the basics for the features listed in the F12 desktop-user
talking points listed here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_12_Talking_Points#For_desktop_users_and_everyone

Also... it says XZ under consideration. Is there a timeline for
deciding a yeah or nay on this as a talking point?

Would we still want someone to do something more in-depth on
NetworkManager or Ogg?

-Robyn