wiki challenge -- now on the wiki

Nelson Marques 07721 at ipam.pt
Fri Apr 2 20:58:53 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-04-02 at 14:40 -0600, Neville A. Cross wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 1:36 PM, Hiemanshu Sharma
> <hiemanshu at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > Fedora 16 will be mine, And I will be coming to NA every year with 15+ wiki
> > edits every year :D
> >
> > - Hiemanshu Sharma.
> >

> It seems that the competitive spirit has sparked !!
> I would like to tackle some wiki that are not that technical. Right
> now selinux and custom kernels are beyond my skills... I hope future
> updates to the challenges bring other stuff as well.
>
> Should this be spread to other lists?
>
> Best regards
>
> --
> Neville
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Yn1v
> Linux User # 473217

Neville,

 When I blogged about the SWOT, I got a great email full of information
regarding SELinux. If anyone wants to pick it up, I can provide all the
info, some of them is compatible with our licencing, other is provided
by NSA and other institutions, which can be used to write an article or
whatever as long as we don't go into pelagic issues.

 I can ask the person who sended me all that info to send it to someone
who wants to pick up the topic.

 Though I'm not an engineer, despite I understand the concept
(theoretical and operational) of SELinux, and been defending it as a
great feature/technology present in Fedora, I dont feel capable of
taking it and really highlight it in the way it should.

 SELinux is actually something we should care a bit more promoting, as
it's a strategical advantage of Fedora compared to other distro's, as I
mentioned before, for example Novell deploys openSuSE with SELinux
disabled and AppArmor enabled, despite they are not the same, I would
assume they are competitors in the segment they designed for.

 +1 for SELinux.

 NM

--
Nelson Marques