In the news: Zarafa

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Apr 23 21:22:35 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-04-20 at 13:37 -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:

> What I find troubling about the article is that he's not - as we did,
> on the mailing list when discussing the Zarafa feature - talking about
> the "open-core" thing.  He's basically talking about being troubled
> because Fedora is becoming "commercialized."

To be honest, I rather read it as him saying 'commercialization' but
actually thinking about non-freeness. That seemed to be the actual
thrust of his thinking, if you disregard the single work
'commercialization'. His beef with S3 and Zarafa wasn't that they're
'commercial', really, but that they're not entirely free (in Zarafa's
case, not entirely free viewed as an entire project).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey