F14 release slogan - question for all

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 15:52:04 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 05:57:10PM +0100, Luke Slater wrote:
> On 19 August 2010 16:45, Jared K. Smith <jsmith at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 9:56 AM, Jared K. Smith
> > <jsmith at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > > Our "Plan B" slogan was also approved. Our second choice slogan was
> > "Evolve".
> >
> > Actually, I jumped the gun on this one as well :-(
> >
> > In going back through my email this morning to double check, I see
> > that the backup slogan was *not* approved.  So please don't announce
> > anything until I get my act together.
> >
> > Sorry for the confusion.
>
> I like evolve better anyway :)

Unfortunately, that's the Plan B slogan that was not approved.

We should come up with a plan to deal with this -- it's far from
catastrophic, just something we need to discuss and then execute.  We
have a couple options, it seems to me:

there weren't any other slogans in the proposal list that generated
enthusiastic response.  So we could try to come up with one or more
here, and try again with Legal.

(2) Put aside the slogan for F14, and use whatever space we reserve
for the release-specific slogan to instead reinforce (for example) the
4 Foundations.

We can probably have a separate discussion about the long-term value
of a release-specific slogan, and whether we feel it's worthwhile to
continue that practice.  For now, let's concentrate on what to do for
F14 specifically.  Which of the above options do people feel has the
most value right now?