F14 release slogan - question for all

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 18:12:57 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 9:52 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 05:57:10PM +0100, Luke Slater wrote:
>> On 19 August 2010 16:45, Jared K. Smith <jsmith at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

>> > "Evolve".
>> >
>> > Actually, I jumped the gun on this one as well :-(
>> >
>> > In going back through my email this morning to double check, I see
>> > that the backup slogan was *not* approved.  So please don't announce
>> > anything until I get my act together.
>> >
>> > Sorry for the confusion.
>>
>> I like evolve better anyway :)
>
> Unfortunately, that's the Plan B slogan that was not approved.
>
> We should come up with a plan to deal with this -- it's far from
> catastrophic, just something we need to discuss and then execute.  We
> have a couple options, it seems to me:

> there weren't any other slogans in the proposal list that generated
> enthusiastic response.  So we could try to come up with one or more
> here, and try again with Legal.
>
> (2) Put aside the slogan for F14, and use whatever space we reserve
> for the release-specific slogan to instead reinforce (for example) the
> 4 Foundations.
>
> We can probably have a separate discussion about the long-term value
> of a release-specific slogan, and whether we feel it's worthwhile to
> continue that practice.  For now, let's concentrate on what to do for
> F14 specifically.  Which of the above options do people feel has the
> most value right now?

I will go with 1 if there is marketing manpower.
I am not sure how response has been, but if after a call for team up
and solve this there is no more people... then we should move to
option 2.

Tempe may be a good time to chat about the practice and value of a
slogan for each realease.

Best regards

--
Neville