FWN reader survey

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 16:21:40 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 9:12 AM, Pascal Calarco <pcalarco at nd.edu> wrote:
> News, Marketing and Logistics Teams --
>
> In order to gather some more feedback so that FWN on Fedora Insight can
> be as user-driven as possible, I've mocked up a Limesurvey to gather
> feedback for Fedora Weekly News and uploaded this to the wiki at:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:FWN-draft-survey-20101203.pdf
>
> I would welcome your feedback between now and next Wednesday, when I
> would like to include the survey with the next issue of FWN.
>
> The survey is currently ten questions.  The purpose of the survey is to
> gather:
>
> 1) background on the readership of FWN
> 2) which beats are most and least useful, and if readers miss any
> currently dormant beats
> 3) what new features readers would like to see with FWN
>
> I am thinking we'll be safe to purchase 500 responses for US$35.  I
> think we would be wildly successful if we got that many responses.  We
> could also go with 250 responses, for $13 less, but the incremental cost
> seems minimal between 250 and 500 responses.
>
> Any feedback is very welcome -- thanks!
>
>   - pascal

I share your optimism about getting more that 250 responses. If we
want that to hapen, me must spread the survey as much a we can.

I think that we can use the survey as a way to promote further the
Fedora Weekly News. It may be a good excuse to do a little
cross-posting (with care of not over do it). I will for instance
invite the LATAM user list to take the survey. If some one over there
does not know about the FWN,  he or she will get the idea that such
resource exist.

--
Neville
Linux User # 473217