[SPAM] Re: I had a cool Idea why don't we put on an artshow!

Justin O'Brien three at threethirty.us
Mon Feb 15 20:40:11 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-02-15 at 14:10 -0600, Neville A. Cross wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 2:02 PM, Justin O'Brien <three at threethirty.us> wrote:
> >
> > Hello all:
> >
> > I had an idea Brainstorming in #f-mktg. We were trying to come up with
> > ways to extend our reach. Getting Free Software/Linux people is awesome
> > but who else might be interested in Fedora? so I thought why don't we
> > put on a Fedora Project artshow?!?
> >

> > Here is what I was invisioning...
> >
> >  * we somehow procure a gallery
> >  * Fedorians bring in some art they had done
> >  * we invite people from the art world to see it
> >  * try to get written up in art mags (do they exist, if so which ones)
> >  * thought this would be an awesome way to show that art and
> > freesoftware are great partners
> >  * thought this would be a way that people could parade out that one
> > desgin they had for $fedoraVersionInThePast that just didnt make it
> >  * would be a way to see the creative side of people we didnt know had
> > one (how many coders/marketing people/legal etc are also painters,
> > sculpters, etc)
> >
> > If anyone likes this idea let me know and maybe we can make this
> > happen :)
> >

> At Nicaragua, Free Software has team up with Free Culture as we have a
> lot of commons interests. As Free Software community we have organized
> Free Music concerts.
>
> To me your idea makes sense. What I see as something to work out is a
> geographical location to gather all fedora art. What about a virtual
> gallery as a starting point?
>
> --
> Neville
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Yn1v
> Linux User # 473217

> Check: http://www.clickmanagua.com
I didn't think about the Geo issue... My brain is US specific :/

Maybe each interested Region could do one...

The virtual gallery is a cool idea but I think it wouldn't attract the
groups that we were wanting to attract...

any thoughts?

also I'll have to resend this to the design list becuase I wasn't subed
and got denied :)