Call For Participation writer for the talking points

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 19:41:09 UTC 2010

Let me see if I can do a bit of a rewrite of this statement.  What I
thought we agreed in the meeting was that we wanted people to take a
look at *our* prospective talking points, and comment on them, adding
where necessary.  This is subtly different than having a wide-open
blank slate in terms of gaining consensus, but important.

We also need to be clear about how the talking points will be decided,
i.e. the list is limited in size, and the Marketing team will make the
final calls necessary.  This will prevent someone being surprised if
his or her particular favorite point ultimately isn't used.

I had thought the table Mel was creating was going to codify the
groups of points we'd already zeroed in on as a group (both in the
current format of the page support better consensus, or is it
operating more as a blank slate?

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 02:16:14PM -0800, bhutto aamir wrote:
> TalkingPoints are key features of the new release that we want to
> point out they are meant to answer the question "so what cool stuff
> is in the latest release of Fedora?" So we are inviting *everyone*
> active/inactive to participate in writing the talking points of
> "Fedora 13"
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_13_Talking_Points
>
> Feel free to add-in features that you think should be a talking
> point and the reasons( if you see a feature and want it to be a
> talking point, put down the reasons why ) You can follow the Talking
> point SOP https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Talking_Points_SOP if you
> want to know how we are making talking points for Fedora 13.

Here's my take:
* * *

Talking points are key highlights of the new release. There are
different types of talking points for different types of people:
general desktop users/everyone, developers, and sysadmins. They are
meant to provide a short, effective answer to the question "What cool
stuff is in the latest release of Fedora?" They are compelling, not
necessarily comprehensive

Tge Marketing team compiles a short list of approximately three
talking points for each of these audiences for an upcoming release.
For Fedora 13, they're found here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_13_Talking_Points

If you have a talking point that you feel meets the criteria found on
the talking points SOP page at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Talking_points_SOP, please add it to
the the table on the F13 page with supporting information.

The Marketing team will make final adjustments to the list of talking
points at their meeting on February 23, which will be announced on the
marketing list and is open to everyone.