Mad Libs style forms

Ian Weller ian at ianweller.org
Sat Feb 27 01:12:45 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 02:06:09PM -0500, Mel Chua wrote:
> I wonder what opportunities we might have to quickly try this out with
> Fedora. fedora-tour immediately comes to mind, but that's not going to
> be ready for prime-time for a bit - so how about FAS?
> (https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/user/new)

For web forms like this, I'd say this harms usability because... well,
it's kind of selfish, really. When I fill out a form with contact
information (oh hello, FAS), I don't really feel like reading, I just
want to get my information in the system in a hurry. I'm assuming it's
not just me.

I love the idea for the group introduction bit, but I would strongly
recommend not applying this concept to FAS. It's more confusion than
what it's worth.

--
Ian Weller <ian at ianweller.org>