Self-introduction: Aamir Aijaz Bhutto

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Mon Jan 11 14:14:37 UTC 2010

On 01/10/2010 03:24 PM, bhutto aamir wrote:
> Aamir Aijaz Bhutto Karachi Pakistan
> Marketing Director / Planing&  Development Friends Associates

Welcome, Aamir!

> Well i see fedora as a complete O/s. But still sometimes i use to
> boot my machine and load some other O/S to play my favorite game :P I
> think we need to do a bit of work on Games.

There's a Games Spin, http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Games_Spin and
http://spins.fedoraproject.org/games/ - is marketing for this spin
something you might be interested in taking a look at?

We'll be getting together for a FAD (Fedora Activity Day) in March,
physically located in Raleigh, NC USA, but with a good deal of remote
participation. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_FAD_2010 - if
it's something you'd be interested in particpating in remotely, we'd
love to have you.

Another good resource is #fedora-mktg. It's the chatroom where many of
us hang out, and is a good place to get started meeting people and
asking questions. Instructions on how to use IRC are at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/IRC in case you're new to it, and you can
always ask questions on this mailing list any time.

The first thing to do is figure out a project to get started on helping
with - the Games Spin is one thing you might want to look at, but there
are several other initiatives going on that might be interesting. Rahul
will be starting discussion on the idea of a Fedora handbook here soon,
Robyn is going through our survey data from FUDCon as a first round
through doing marketing research in Fedora, Ryan and Ankur are working
on a guide program called fedora-tour, I and others are getting up a
news/content portal called Fedora Insight, Sakis started some examples
of User Stories, Henrik is working on a PR strategy... there are some
links and explanations on
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing#Projects, and watching this
mailing list and asking questions about ideas that go by is also a great
way to get started.

Join the chatroom, pick a project to get started on, and we'll help you
figure out the rest along the way. ;) Again, welcome!

--Mel