FUDCon 2009 Survey Results - Draft, requesting feedback

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 22:14:17 UTC 2010

2010/1/14 Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org>:
> On Thu, 2010-01-14 at 16:25 -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:
>> * People rejected Google Wave 2-to-1 as a technology for FUDCon use.
>>   Gobby and other whiteboarding software were considered much more
>>   palatable.
>
> EtherPad might be a good option too! It got open sourced after the
> survey went out hehe
>
> ~m

First I have to said that the document is a great work.

I may suggest that in future to avoid 5 options, some people tend to
use the choice in the middle just to move on.

I saw some comments underestimating physical closeness to a Red Hat
facility. That sound from user point of view, probably will be nice to
check with people organizing.

The pie charts for Fudcon live included "no awser" which make
percentage look a bit distorted. Probably better to left out next
time, this is more like a style remark.

Choosing technology for fudcon live get a lot of responses "Not
familiar". Probably it will be needed to use those technologies in
some more normal meeting, so people start to get familiar, give a real
try and be able to respond... or easier just take those who are
already showing preference.

I did not took the survey, as I did not participate. Mainly because I
was not aware that there was that much effort to make remote
participation available (which was stated on some comments) and also,
because I was not aware that inputs from non participating people were
useful for the survey.

Thanks for taking the work of putting all info together and make easy
to review for lazy people like me

Best regards

--
Neville