FAD and stuff... Time for planning!

Ryan Rix ry at n.rix.si
Thu Jan 21 05:22:25 UTC 2010

Hey all,

The topic of next week's Marketing meeting is *finalizing* the Marketing FAD
schedule. This means that we need to get some stuff done before that meeting
to make things extra super easy for next Tuesday :)

So, I talked to Mel, here's what we need to do, for each day...

(1) a well specified deliverable (or deliverables)
(2) a list of resources (materials, people, skills) required to complete that
deliverable
(3) a to-do list on what's needed to prepare those resources before the FAD
(4) milestones/time-blocks during the day (such as "9-10am brainstorm on $foo,
10-11:30am split into groups and get photographs $bar and $baz taken") etc. so
that part-timers can figure out when they need to be available
(5) owners of as many tasks as possible
(6) milestones for prep between now and FAD-time, if the complexity of prep is
needed

Robyn, someone to own day 2 (i can if no one else steps up, i guess), Max,
Henrik, please take over this thread and answer each question to the best of
your ability. :-)

There are also the out-of-sync things that we may want to do at the FAD, that
may or may not end with specific deliverables, but we may end up wanting
anyways :) They should be considered in planning. Things like my personal
crusade, marketing materials and SOPs for Spins, and a quick how-to-package-
rpms hackfest to get those of us in attendance without such skills up to
speed. Please throw others in here, and also add them to the wiki under
Business. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_FAD_2010#Business

Have a good time :-)

--
Ryan Rix
Fedora KDE SIG Member, Phoenix AZ Ambassador, News KDE Beat writer

New Mail address: phrkonaleash at gmail.com -> ry at n.rix.si !!
http://hackersramblings.wordpress.com | http://identi.ca/phrkonaleash
XMPP: phrkonaleash at gmail.com          | MSN: phrkonaleash at yahoo.com
AIM:  phrkonaleash                    | Yahoo: phrkonaleash
IRC:  PhrkOnLsh at irc.freenode.net/#srcedit,#plugaz,#fedora-kde and
      countless other FOSS channels.