Twitter update

threethirty three at threethirty.us
Wed Jun 2 18:18:30 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-06-02 at 08:18 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> We now have the @fedora Twitter account reassigned to us.  Obviously I
> don't want to just put the password here :-) but let's discuss the
> next steps.  A couple things I'd recommend:
>
> * Establish an @fp.o email alias so that when the account receives
>   email it goes to one or more people responsible for reading and
>   acting on it.
>
> * Adding the account to HootSuite or whatever tool we plan to use to
>   manage it.  Ensure that more than one person has the ability to do
>   that addition and other HS management.
>
> * Figure out a plan for transitioning followers from @fedora_linux to
>   @fedora.
>
> --
> Paul W. Frields                                http://paul.frields.org/
>   gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233  5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717
>   http://redhat.com/   -  -  -  -   http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/
>           Where open source multiplies: http://opensource.com

I think the best solution for this is to have a project blog, and then
we could use a rss->twitter/identi.ca engine that would automatically
post anytime the blog was updated.

The Blog posts could be written from the stuff emailed. That way 1. We
don't have to use non-free web services and 2. people who aren't in the
twidentica space still have an avenue to see what we found important
enough to tweet/dent.

just my freedom hippy 2 cents

--Justin