RH Summit Press Kit: release v.0.1 (alpha)

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 14:16:39 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 02, 2010 at 11:29:57PM -0400, Mel Chua wrote:
> I took a quick first pass through creating a press kit for the Summit:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_press_kit#Red_Hat_Summit_2010
>
> This mostly involved remixing existing content into printable form.
> Please rip this apart, report bugs, etc. :) What's missing? I'm trying
> to follow the https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Press_kit_SOP as best as I
> can. Right now it is just the one page release notes combined with the
> printable version of feature profiles.
>
> We may additionally want a project overview sheet (perhaps the flyer
> that's already going to be distributed at the booth - though I'm not
> sure which one that is) and a contact-information sheet. We have
> neither, at the moment.
>
> John Rose (cc'd) has kindly offered to handle the printing and delivery
> logistics, since he's going to be running off flyers and such for the
> Summit anyhow. Thanks, John! This means we need to give him a final
> count of how much of what to print - Paul (or others), how many press
> kits do we want to make? (John, any particular deadline for the final
> count and final files?)

(You can disregard my email on the other thread, since this answers
the question it posed!)

I don't think we need more than 100 or so for the Summit itself.  More
ofthe people at the Summit are aware of and probably even informed
about Fedora than at the average event.  If there are extras, though,
we can always ship them to another event if none of the content is
Summit-specific, which I believe it's not.

> I'm willing to do more work on this if someone pings me back with a
> request, but by default I'll be leaving things the way they are, so poke
> me if you'd like to see more done. ;)
>
> --Mel
>
> PS: Ticket reference - https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-team/ticket/104

Fantastic job, Mel!