[In the news] Review of Fedora 13 on my ThinkPad thingy

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 13:47:53 UTC 2010

Hi

http://rubenerd.com/fedora-13-on-my-thinkpad

"Firstly, kudos to the Fedora team for continuing to reduce their
dependency on Mono! Fedora 12 implemented the beautiful Gnote in place
of Tomboy, and with 13 they replaced F-Spot with Shotwell. I have to
admit I’d never heard of the Vala language until I read up about
Shotwell, it looks really interesting and the perfect antidote to Mono
which has always made me feel uneasy. Could Gnome finally be able to
compete with KDE and Qt in this regard now?

And of course I’m delighted that a fully featured Python 3.0 stack is
now available in the default install! Granted my primary Python haunt is
Django, but my personal scripts have been running on 3.0 on my Mac for a
long while now, so it’ll be great to port them over."

Rahul