[in the news] Fedora 13 Boasts Many Leading-Edge Enhancements

Kara Schiltz kschiltz at redhat.com
Wed Jun 16 16:03:39 UTC 2010

eWeek
6.16.10

Fedora 13 Boasts Many Leading-Edge Enhancements
By Jason Brooks

Since its first version, in 2003, Red Hat's Fedora Linux has been the
best place to track what's on the leading edge of Linux and open-source
<http://www.eweek.com/#> software. Of course, the trouble with running
on the leading edge is that it's easy to get cut, and the Fedora
distribution's fast development pace has required a certain amount of
bug-squashing tolerance from its users.

Fedora 13, which began shipping in late May, boasts many of the
leading-edge enhancements—and few of the rough spots—that I've come to
expect from the popular Linux-based operating system. In particular, I
appreciated the work the Fedora team has done in the area of security
and permissions, with progress toward more granular rights management
<http://www.eweek.com/#> through Fedora's PolicyKit framework, and an
implementation of the SELinux (Security-Enhanced Linux) framework that
remained, for the most part, tucked away unobtrusively in the background.

Full post:
http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Enterprise-Applications/Fedora-13-Boasts-Many-LeadingEdge-Enhancements-878296/