F13 slogan announcement -- break up

Robyn Bergeron robyn.bergeron at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 19:30:11 UTC 2010

On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 12:18 PM, Nelson Marques <07721 at ipam.pt> wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-03-06 at 19:15 +0000, Nelson Marques wrote:
>> On Sat, 2010-03-06 at 12:05 -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
>> > These both look great. One question: Why do we have the Goddard quote
>> > in the email? While I think it is definitely an inspirational message,
>> > I don't know that we want to be mixing it in with the slogan
>> > announcement, particularly since I believe that quote may have been a
>> > proposed slogan, or at least part of it.
>> >
>> > If we do want to provide that quote in the mail, I think we should
>> > either introduce it a bit (ie: here's an inspirational quote from
>> > robert goddard), or at least move it away from where we say the slogan
>> > is rock it. After all, we don't want people to be rocking an incorrect
>> > slogan :)
>> >
>> > What does everyone think?
>>
>> I would go for a small background information, which existed previously,
>> but I'll approve what people decide.
>>
>> > Also, I'm happy to send out the email Monday (I'm assuming you mean
>> > both announcements), although I feel a little odd about it since the
>> > slogan picked was the one I proposed. :). Nelson spent quite a bit of
>> > time crafting the announcement; I hate to take away his opportunity
>> > here to send it.  As Mel has always said, doing these announcements is
>> > a great way to let newcomers be known in the Fedora community.
>>
>> Robyn, it's your slogan, I really mind if you do introduce this message
>> to the people. Time is not entirelly mine, Paul contributed as well. It
>> would be coherent if you introduced it.
>
> __ I really DON'T mind __
>

>> I'm sure I will have my opportunity in a nearby future to surprise
>> everyone and introduce myself :)
>>
>> nelson

Will do - I'll send it out Monday to both lists so we get the biggest
bang for the buck in terms of email visibility and such. :)

Everyone, feel free to blog about it (and any other deliverables) as
well - it's a great way for the Marketing team to get some visibility
and feedback into what we're doing, how awesomely we are doing it,
etc. :)