Fwd: Fedora Weekly News 216

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Mon Mar 15 03:11:53 UTC 2010

Just out of curiosity: do people here read FWN? (It's good stuff, but
can also sometimes be a lot of information to get through.) If nothing
else, it's certainly worth reading the Marketing beat - see below. ;)
Thanks to Neville for picking this up!

--Mel

<snip from last week's FWN>

-- Marketing --

In this section, we cover the happenings for Fedora Marketing Project
from 2010-02-27 to 2010-03-05.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing

Contributing Writer: Neville A. Cross

One the most important things that happened on Marketing this week was
the Fedora Insight Sprint that took place on February, 28th. As
reported[1] by Pascal Calarco there where advances in several areas and
some interactive testing. This test included uploading some of beats
from Fedora Weekly News to Fedora Insight. Congratulations for all those
contributed in this sprint.

Nelson Marques started a document called Comunication Matrix[2] which
surely will help us at Marketing in many ways.

On March, 2nd, Marketing held its weekly meeting. You can see the log[3]
but the highlight was the slogan for Fedora 13. Later on the slogan was
released by Nelson Marques[4] so let's “Rock it!”

There was brought up the issue about promoting spins, and Paul Frields
made clear that errors were made[5], but we are moving forward and
future talking points will include spins[6].

All in all a busy week.

     1.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/marketing/2010-February/011875.html
     2. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communication_matrix