Idea for tracking Fedora Marketing team success

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Mon May 17 00:20:57 UTC 2010

On 05/17/2010 05:42 AM, Luke wrote:
> In terms of the social networks, there would be Identica, Twitter and
> the wider "Blogosphere." The good thing is that most social networks
> carry APIs which allow you to pull information about topics from them
> relatively easily.

Currently,  I use Google alerts and subscribe to the Fedora group in
identi.ca.  It would be nice to augment it with specialized
infrastructure.  Moksha has gone rather quiet these days.  I suggest
talking to Luke Macken ( https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LukeMacken) who
is leading that effort and talking to Fedora Infrastructure team about
what they are willing to host.  Most of our infrastructure apps are in
Python, specifically Turbogears but we have Django and PHP (mediawiki
and potentially Zikula soon) in the mix as well.

http://fedorahosted.org is available for hosting the code and you can
use the wiki to brainstorm and add more details.  One example is
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Insight.  If you have any
questions, feel free to ask.

Rahul