RHT press release for F14

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 18:41:55 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I just got off the phone with Kara Schiltz and one of the topics we
discussed was the Red Hat press release for Fedora 14.  We're going to
base that release in part on the community's release announcement for
Fedora 14.  We'll start by including some of the text from the Beta
release announcement here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F14_Beta_announcement

Of course the final announcement might be slightly different and we'll
track that going forward to keep the text in sync as much as possible.
In any official press release, Red Hat also adds some other text as is
customary and proper for a publicly traded company.  However, that
shouldn't affect our ability to include specific features and points
of interest as drafted by the community.

If anyone wants to get a start on the final release announcement, you
can use this pre-setup page:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_14_announcement

That task is on the schedule for Marketing[1] as going from 2010-10-15
through 2010-10-25, but it's never too early to get started! ;-) You
can find the previous announcement on the wiki[2] as well, for
reference.

= = =
[1] http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-14/f-14-marketing-tasks.html
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_13_announcement