[In the news'] Video: Introduction to Fedora

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 11:18:31 UTC 2011

Hi

http://www.trainsignaltraining.com/videos/fedora-linux

"Fedora began in 2003 and the most recent version, 14 is codenamed
Laughlin. In this video, we will begin with a brief history of the
operating system, including a discussion of some of its unique features.
We’ll then review installation options including CD/DVD and USB. In
addition, if you’d like to test Fedora before permanently installing it
on your hard disk, you can use virtualization software and we’ll cover
that in another video.

The video continues with a look at the Fedora desktop and how to
navigate and customize it to your liking. We’ll wrap up with a few key
resources where you can learn more about the Fedora community."

Rahul