Self-Introduction: Danny Stieben

Danny Stieben dmaxel at fedoraproject.org
Sun Feb 13 06:32:06 UTC 2011

Hi everyone!

My name is Danny Stieben and I live near Dallas, Texas, USA. I am almost
17 years old and a junior in high school. For reference, my FAS name and
IRC nick is dmaxel. I first heard about Marketing from the Ambassadors
group and want to join because it ties in closely with what the
Ambassadors are doing. I want to be involved in a larger part of the
process. :)

The Fedora Project is the first FOSS project I've worked on, though I've
been in the Ambassadors group for almost a year now. This is definitely
the first Marketing project I've worked on, so some of this will be
learn-as-I-go. :)

I don't believe I have any Marketing skills for as mentioned I am a
junior in high school, but those skills are exactly what I would like to
learn. I'm also a critical thinker (honors courses in school test that
daily) and am fluent in German, English, and (almost) Spanish. I always
like to look for improvements in anything I do or any processes that I
come across.

When I'm not working on Fedora, I am at school, spending time with
friends, looking up anything open-source, or flying with my virtual
(Flight Sim) airline. A couple of goals I have for the Fedora project
are wider adoption and appreciation for the work the Fedora project is
trying to do. The work to lead the movement to open-source is beyond any
other. I would like to continue to see impacting changes being made with
Fedora that will create the path for open-source to follow.

I am wondering how I could get started?? :)

Thank you, and I am glad to be working with you guys!
--
Danny Stieben
Fedora Ambassador
dmaxel at fedoraproject.org