[In the news] My Wife Loves Gnome 3

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 09:20:39 UTC 2011

Hi

http://www.muktware.com/b/14/2011/832/my-wife-loves-gnome-3

"The most important remark for Gnome 3 came from a non-techie. A user
who doesn't much care about kernels and mutters; someone who uses
computer to do her job. My wife was sitting right behind me when the
machine booted. "Wow...what's that!" I heard someone from behind. I
turned and found her looking at my machine. "Is it a new OS? It looks cool!"

I was amazed. As a regular user I was a bit upset with Gnome 3 fearing
it will break my usage pattern and here was an ordinary user who was
impressed by the new design and approach"

Rahul