Fedora Depot/Mart? (Re: Why is there no Fedora Project Store?)

Harish Pillay hpillay at redhat.com
Wed Mar 30 05:38:43 UTC 2011

When I read the $SUBJECT, I had a different impression.
What came to mind was why Fedora does not have something
similar to the Marketplace/Appstore paradigm not about
t-shirts and other swag.

I would like us to have a discussion marketplace/appstore
paradigm and hence the subject change.

If we rebrand the System->Administration->Add/Remove Software
to something like Fedora Depot or Fedora Mart or some of the
name-not-already-taken, we can ride on the well understood
notion of a marketplace/appstore (thanks to the mobile
platforms).

Let the flames begin :-).

Harish