Statistics on BitTorrent

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 11:32:46 UTC 2011

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Statistics#BitTorrent

The statistics for BitTorrent downloads are affected by several
issues:

* When changes are made on the BitTorrent server such as a restart in
  some situations, we lose available totals.  This happened in
  September 2009 for instance.
* The numbers represent only statistics from our tracker and connected
  trackers.
* They haven't been updated since April 2011.

I feel like when people visit this section they don't feel confident
about the data we're providing there, and that may reduce their
confidence in the page overall.

Is there any plan for maintaining these numbers?  If not, I would
recommend removing them.

This wouldn't preclude Jared or anyone in the community coming up with
different or additional ways to make measurements.  I'm merely
interested in making people as confident as possible about the
accuracy and timeliness of the measurements we do make.