Upcoming testing days: Openstack and i18n

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Tue Aug 28 11:27:39 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> On Tue, 2012-08-28 at 11:00 +0200, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'd make sure those test days will happen on time. Fedora 18 is
> > still
> > barely installable and according to my information, it's gonna take
> > the
> > Anaconda team a few more weeks to fix release blockers for alpha.
> > We might face the biggest slip in the history of Fedora, so we
> > should
> > make sure we promote something that is going to happen.
> >
> > Jiri
>
> Hi Jiri,
>
> I've seen a few folks install F18 successfully today. I'll give it a
> try
> tonight too. According to the trac tickets for these two test
> days:[1][2], they seem to be on schedule. If there's a delay, it will
> show up on the ticket.

I think the test days should follow the current schedule, even we do
not have Alpha by that time. It's not a blocker for Test Day.

> Adam has commented[3] on the i18n test day ticket saying that they
> can
> whip live images for the test days, even if alpha images aren't
> available. I'll keep an eye out though.

This is definitely the right way - we just have to be sure we're able
to compose live images. And a lot of test days are even using own
preprepared images (hint, if you want to deliver set of packages etc.,
to make it easier to use...).

Jaroslav