[Fedora Magazine] Wordpress success!

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Tue Dec 11 23:12:57 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

Nirik set up fedora-mag-admin at fedoraproject.org for us and I used it to
set up an OpenShift account. I discovered a few things:

- It's dead simple to set up WordPress on OpenShift.

- WordPress has a built-in update system that seems to work fine on
OpenShift, so maintenance should not be too difficult.

- I tested out the OpenID plugin for WordPress with my FAS account, and
it works fine. We can limit account creations to only those with valid
OpenIDs. Once someone logs in with an OpenID and creates an account, an
admin can promote them to any role needed.

So, it's looking good to run Fedora Magazine on OpenShift / Wordpress.
Here's the running instance I have now:

http://wp-fedoramag.rhcloud.com/

~m