Muktware: Red Hat Clarifies Doubt Over UEFI Secure Boot Solution

Jan Wildeboer jwildebo at redhat.com
Wed Jun 6 11:07:17 UTC 2012

Note: this is my *personal* opinion, not the official Red Hat or Fedora
position.

On 06.06.2012 12:56, Álvaro Castillo wrote:

> If good, FSF would not started a campaign vs with this.

Yes, this is not an ideal solution. And that is what Matt Garrett said
from teh start. If we would not have a solution however, it would mean
that Fedora cannot be installed *at all* on newer hardware.

While we do not like the UEFI architecture, we have a responsibility
towards our users (and the community at large, never forget that!) that
in this case leads us to a pragmatic solution that works for the moment,
giving us more time to work on a better solution.

Note: this is my *personal* opinion, not the official Red Hat or Fedora
position.

Jan

--
Jan H Wildeboer                |
EMEA Open Source Affairs       | Office: +49 (0)89 205071-207

Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH,
Technopark II, Haus C, Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 11 -15
85630 Grasbrunn, Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 153243
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Mark Hegarty, Charlie Peters, Michael Cunningham,
Charles Cachera