"Red Hat Releases Fedora 18 Beta"

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 21:23:27 UTC 2012

On 11/28/2012 06:28 PM, inode0 wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 12:08 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
> <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Any reason why our own marketing community cant start creating and
>> maintaining our own extensive database of contacts so on and so forth and we
>> simply stop dealing with/through Red Hat PR or any other third party or
>> sponsor?
> One guess: no one so far thinks it is worth their time to duplicate
> the work already being done by a sponsor who is willing to let us
> leverage the work they do continuously.
>
> I'd love to see a more independent and more aggressive marketing
> community in Fedora but that requires folks with time, interest, and
> skills. While we get many fine people coming through marketing I think
> the amount of work just to get the more mundane products out the door
> each release is probably about all they have been able to handle
> historically.

Perhaps the reason why people aren't more willing to participate is
because task are being delegated to RH PR instead of allowing the
community tackle those task and learn and grow with them each release cycle.

I recommend people subscribed to this list to jump right in.

Ask infra for a track instance for the community, form and finish the
SOP's and start sharing ideas.

Basically don't hesitate to dive in.

JBG