Blog Posts for Magazine

Joe Brockmeier jzb at redhat.com
Mon Nov 4 14:13:26 UTC 2013

On Sat, Nov 02, 2013 at 04:43:38PM -0600, Mike Ruckman wrote:
> Sorry this is being sent so late. Here is a list of posts I thought could be
> good for the magazine. I've kept the list completely Fedora
> related, though there were a couple topics I wondered about including,
> like OpenStack - but didn't know if that was relevant to the community
> or just me :)

I think it depends a lot on how much cross-over there is for the topic.
If it's something that touches on OpenStack and Fedora, definitely. If
you know a lot of Fedora users are using OpenStack on top of Fedora, or
running instances of Fedora in OpenStack, etc. - then it might also be a
good topic.

Generally, though, if it's just about OpenStack with no Fedora
connection at all, I'd probably leave it.

> The second link had information I thought would be useful for a general
> user (especially spotify), but I wasn't sure about the principle of
> promoting packages and tutorials for things Fedora won't package
> itself. I thought the other three were solid candidates as well.

>From an 'official' source, promoting non-free services probably wouldn't
be well-received.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier | Principal Cloud & Storage Analyst