New theme for the Magazine

Joe Brockmeier jzb at redhat.com
Mon Nov 25 15:14:25 UTC 2013

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 03:10:50PM +0000, Ryan Gauger wrote:
> Yes, I have been dealing with slow loading time on Fedora Magazine. I
> think we do need another theme, maybe less resource-hungry...

We've had several problems with WP. We can upgrade to a larger gear
(still on my to-do list) but it's not going to help if we get
slashdotted or something - WP is very resource intensive. A static site
means being able to serve pages until the cows come home without the
same level of resources.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier | Principal Cloud & Storage Analyst