Fwd: large number of OpenShift Online gears restarted

Chris Roberts chris.roberts at croberts.org
Thu Aug 14 12:59:45 UTC 2014

If the Fedora magazine was having issues last night this is why. I did not get any emails or text messages so I assume if it did go down it was brief.

- Chris Roberts

Subject: large number of OpenShift Online gears restarted

Hi, all.  This is just a heads-up that due to an unfortunate conflict between one of our automated scripts and a configuration change that was pushed last night & today, approximately 25% of all the gears in OpenShift Online were killed and restarted today between the hours of 2 AM and 3 PM, some of them multiple times.  I would not be surprised if we see an uptick in support issues resulting from this.  If you need further details on exactly what happened or whether a particular app was impacted, feel free to raise an issue, but the problem has been resolved, and we do not anticipate any further such incidents.

Andy Grimm
Operations Support Engineer
Red Hat, Inc.