Distrowatch: Trying on Fedora 21

Luya Tshimbalanga luya at fedoraproject.org
Mon Dec 29 17:58:06 UTC 2014

On 29/12/14 03:39 AM, Ankur Sinha wrote:

> 2. Installing media codecs is easier than ever. We've put up a note
> here:
> https://ask.fedoraproject.org/en/question/9111/sticky-what-plugins-do-i-need-to-install-to-watch-movies-and-listen-to-music/
>
> It takes one Google search. They don't need to know how to use the
> command line, they just need to copy-paste the command there.

Suggesting some new users coming from different operating system like
Apple OS X and Microsoft Windows can be counterproductive. However,
showing the website that only require a click to install would be a
better approach considering that Gnome Software can do the task on
Fedora 21 Workstation. openSUSE does a very good job on that department
and Fedora Project should work more on that approach.

--
Luya Tshimbalanga
Graphic & Web Designer
E: luya at fedoraproject.org