Flock: media coverage

Jiri Eischmann eischmann at redhat.com
Tue Jul 22 16:56:08 UTC 2014

Joe Brockmeier píše v Út 22. 07. 2014 v 11:33 -0500:
> On 07/22/2014 11:26 AM, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'd like to ask if someone would be willing to cover Flock 2014 from the
> > media point of view:
> >
> > * writing articles from each day for Fedora Magazine,
> > * make interviews with interesting speakers/attendees,
> > * taking photos and publishing them online,
> > * perhaps recording some videos.
> >
> > This is very important for our PR and for making Flock sound. It'd be
> > great if we were able to publish something already during the
> > conference.
> > I'd like to help with this, but I'm a bit afraid that I will have too
> > many hats on since I'm also a speaker and organizer.
>
> Yo. Also, I hope we'll have some summary articles from folks who are
> having travel covered. But I can do some daily articles, etc.

I expect event reports from sponsored people, too, but it's not the kind
of media coverage I had in mind. They usually come late and only target
the community (those who follow Planet Fedora or read the blogs
directly).

> Note, I believe that Nate Willis will also be attending Flock for LWN
> and covering it.

That would be great! Nathan did a great job at GUADEC last year and I
was considering to suggest that we invite him to Flock because I knew he
was coming to GUADEC. I'm glad that it was not even necessary and he
added Flock to his itinerary himself :)

Jiri