[Social Media] Fedora Magazine/Fedora Community Blog Updates?

Justin W. Flory jflory7 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 18:43:21 UTC 2015

On 12/17/2015 01:32 PM, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> How do we distinguish between contributors who follow @fedora, potential
> contributors, and "everyday users"?
>
> If we were pushing out tons of content, I would agree with the idea we
> shouldn't push everything to @fedora. The only iffy thing I'm seeing in
> the timeline so far is possibly the election interviews. For one or two
> days, yeah, that might be a lot from one account.

You're right in that we can't easily distinguish that from Facebook /
Twitter / et al pages, but it's a fairly large number of people that
either like or follow our pages. So I don't think all of the 55k / 65k
likes / followers we have are all people interested in contributing as
much as people who only want to know what's going on in the Linux world
or learn about general Fedora news (e.g. updates about next release).

I think that it would be better to have a tag or some kind of manual
filter for the CommBlog to decide whether something goes to the official
accounts. It would be nice to have this discretion when writing posts
with Jetpack integration.

> My general rule of thumb is no more than five to 10 tweets per day from
> a project account, not including @replys that aren't seen by all. (I
> would not want to ignore questions to a project via Twitter on the basis
> of "oh, we've tweeted too much today." :-) )

I definitely agree, replies are different from individual tweets, and we
definitely shouldn't be ignoring questions if that's the concern.

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory
jflory7 at gmail.com