[Marketing] Getting in gear for 2016

Gabriele Trombini g.trombini at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 09:38:28 UTC 2015

Il giorno gio, 17/12/2015 alle 20.05 -0500, Justin W. Flory ha scritto:
> On 12/17/2015 04:42 PM, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> > On 12/17/2015 02:53 PM, Justin W. Flory wrote:

Hi guys,

> > > I see. How often were meetings happening in the past? From my
> > > perspective, I think maybe the frequency as well as the
> > > organizational
> > > pre-meeting plans could be adjusted. I know for the CommOps
> > > group, we
> > > have a very rough outline of "things to cover" in the meetings in
> > > a wiki
> > > outline. Additionally, having ticket-oriented meetings also seems
> > > have had decent success with the Design Team. Perhaps we could
> > > try to
> > > incorporate tickets as a central part of our meetings?
> >
> > Tickets wouldn't hurt. It's been a while so I don't recall how much
> > we
> > were using Trac at the time, but it couldn't hurt.
> >
> > It seems to me it was weekly for a while, then bi-weekly. Again,
> > it's
> > been a long while (2013, early 2014 maybe?) and a new flock of
> > Fedorans
> > to help kickstart.
>
> With what you and Ruth said, it seems like it might be a good idea to
> space meetings on a monthly basis, and maybe increase frequency in
> the
> month / two months before the release?
>
> I think the next step might be to put a potential meeting date and
> timeslot on the map for 2016.
>
> --

I'm ok with a ticket based meetings (in effect I'm using tickets as a
to do list yet). Let me make some considerations:

1) at present few people from magazine is working on marketing as well;
2) in these days I'm looking at the wiki and we need a renovation about
that. There are a lot of pages I didn't know they existed;
3) maybe we should plan meeting time based on our tasks, and monthly
only for parsing tickets;
4) in order to have a clear marketing meeting I think it don't have to
include magazine (magazine meetings can goin'on as usual).

Today I have time enough to put my specific considerations in the
retrospective.

Thanks.

Gabri