Pending / to-publish articles + author notification

Mike Ruckman roshi at fedoraproject.org
Fri May 22 16:51:46 UTC 2015

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 02:49:48PM -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> Last night I logged in and roshi's article was in the Pitch queue, but
> maybe it was being moved around and I happened upon it at the right
> (or wrong) time.  I don't know whether anyone told roshi what was
> happening with the article, though, and that's a problem.
>
> It appears to be in the Pending Review queue right now.  I'm OK
> publishing it on F-Mag, with some revisions to cut down on length.  I
> was thinking it could focus on the "hero" information, but save the
> charts for a link to roshi's blog for the full set of data.

We can always take a look at the format when it comes to the magazine.
For F21 I split it out into three articles due to the size. Having the
tables in there is just "how we've done it," not a hard and fast
requirement - but I'd for sure want a link to the actual data somewhere,
since the data is kinda the point of the article.

> I'm happy to edit it, but physically can't do it until tomorrow
> morning at the earliest.
>
> cc'ing roshi to see what he thinks, and to apologize on behalf of the
> team for the delay.

No worries - it happens. There was actually no need to CC me, I'm
subscribed to the list and do some marketing specific stuff from time to
time. I used to be an editor on the magazine, but that got rescinded
with the new workflow.

--
// Mike