[Marketing] Initial Owncloud update draft - as discussed at recent meeting

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 10:18:30 UTC 2016

On 8 March 2016 at 13:38, Justin W. Flory <jflory7 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 03/07/2016 06:09 AM, James Hogarth wrote:
> > I've put the draft in place to get the text off my laptop ;)
> >
> > It's obviously in a fairly rough and ready form right now with editorial
> > passes for readibility required along with a bunch of formatting and
> > images needed...
> >
> > Just wanted to make sure it was in a location other than a laptop ;)
> >
> > https://fedoramagazine.org/?p=12193&preview_id=12193
> >
> > No surprise that $life got in the way over the weekend so I've not got
> > to testing the F22 and F23 updates for 8.1.5 yet - but I do plan that
> > during the course of next week.
> >
> > There's no pressure on our side (eg security issues) to push these so
> > it's trivial to time the FM article (or CommBlog) with these to ensure
> > our users get the exposure on the updates.
>
> Thanks for piecing this together, James! We'll likely look at putting it
> onto the schedule for next week since this week's schedule is pretty set.
>
> We'll likely work on editing this week or over the weekend. For now,
> consider it on the agenda for this week's Magazine meeting. :)

Thanks Justin

I just added a quick note about 9.0 on it as that just got released and I
imagine there will be a few questions about it...

Already saw this on reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/49kz3h/owncloud_server_90_released_with_improved/d0t6uf0

I imagine there's a fair few people that started using the OBS packages
rather than Fedora ones once we fell behind.