[Fedora-mentors-list] Anybody interested in triaging?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Mon Nov 7 10:48:57 UTC 2005

Hi

We announced the mentors effort. A few people showed up and asked what
do you us want us to do. The predictable reply was that they can go
ahead and work on whatever they are interested in and the mentors would
try and help them get involved with it in a better way. Obviously there
hasnt been much more discussions after that.

So here is a alternative approach. I am going to try and post things
regularly here for which I believe Fedora could use more contributors or
which could be fun or even a combination of both!

So people who are lurking in this list, dont wait anymore. Speak up and
tell us what you wanted to get involved with. Here are the different
ways in which you could be potentially contribute but this is by no
means comprehensive.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/HelpWanted

Here are more details about the mentors project itself.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mentors

Bug triaging is something many people can get involved with in a
relatively easy way and has a disproportionately high impact relative to
the amount of work you do because it buys more time for the developers
to do what they do best  (ie) developing the code, adding enhancements
and fixing issues instead of dealing with  incomplete or duplicate or
invalid bug reports among several other problems associated with making
up a good bug report or enhancement request.

If you are a wee bit curious and interested, take a look at

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers

Let me know your thoughts

regards
Rahul