Several patches for static library subpackages

Erik van Pienbroek erik at vanpienbroek.nl
Mon Apr 13 22:36:24 UTC 2009

Hi all,

Lately I've been working on getting static libraries operational and
usable in our toolchain. Attached to this mail are patches for pixman,
cairo, libxml2, gettext, libssh2, libidn, openssl and curl.

I've also been working on static libraries for GTK+, but there are still
some issues remaining with it (like a crash when loading external
gdk-pixbuf modules or the 'wimp' theme engine) so I'm holding those off
for now.

Developers/packagers which are going to use these static libraries need
to customize their CFLAGS for some of the packages. This is necessary
to prevent compile failures. A list of these customized CFLAGS is
published at our new 'Tips and Tricks' page at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW/Tips

Are these patches good to be applied? The packages libssh2, libidn,
openssl and curl aren't in Fedora yet, so somebody else has to commit
those to the temporary HG repository.

Regards,

Erik van Pienbroek