how to patch native pacakge

Farkas Levente lfarkas at lfarkas.org
Wed Jun 17 19:09:45 UTC 2009

Fridrich Strba wrote:

> Yeah, but it is what the upstream recommends and what virtually all
> win32 jpeg packages distributed out there do. So, it is consistent with
> the jpeg win32 ABI :)
>
> Cheers
>
> F.
>
> On Tue, 2009-05-19 at 21:04 +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>> Fridrich Strba wrote:
>>> Just out of curiosity: this is what I do in my packages.
>> And this one changes the ABI.
>>
>> Looks like there's really no good solution here. :-(

so what's our position now?
it seems upstream wouldn't like to (and probably can't solve without
break something).
but currently fedora's mingw32-libjpeg worse then any other precompiled
windows mingw libjpeg, since other at least works and has a long
history, but ours can't be used. imho if we switch to the tor
lillqvist's version than it'd be much better then the current status.