Interest in mingw wxWidgets

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Jun 22 14:27:11 UTC 2009

Max Jonathan Spaulding wrote:
> Sorry, you lost me here.  I get that Fedora doesn't currently have a W32
> wxWidgets package, thats why I was asking if anyone had an interest in my
> making such a package.  What do you see as making it not so easy?  The wx
> sources cross build very nicely with mingw, I've been doing it for years
> with a hand built mingw.  The .spec for wxGTK with very few changes should
> work pretty much out the door with no patches or anything.
>
> I'm new to packaging so maybe I am being naive?  But getting a cross built
> wx for win32 is no problem with mingw.

I'm saying it'll need more changes compared to the native Fedora package
than most other libs because you'll be building a different wxWidgets
backend than for the native Fedora package, whereas for most other libs,
you just have to mingw-ize the specfile.

I haven't checked how many changes are needed exactly.

        Kevin Kofler