Interest in mingw wxWidgets

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Jun 26 08:45:12 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 01:58:04PM +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Jason Woofenden wrote:
> > With practically no experince packaging, I was able to create the two
> > packages I needed in one sitting, by mostly copy-and-paste. (ie by
> > combining parts from the .spec file from the native version of the
> > package with a .spec file for a similar mingw32 package.) You can read
> > my post on this list from a few days ago if you want details.
>
> It's not so easy for wxWidgets unless you're planning to use wxGTK rather
> than the native W32 port. Fedora obviously doesn't ship a W32 wxWidgets as
> a native Fedora package, only wxGTK.

We should package the one with the native Windows widgets.

It requires us to do more, but is going to result in a better
developer experience.

The packaging work for this has already been done by someone I talked
to here at FUDCon.  I've asked him to post his work to this mailing
list.

Rich.

bindings from many languages.  http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs/
See what it can do: http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs/recipes.html