Mac OS X cross-compiler problems

Paarvai Naai opensource3141 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 02:03:47 UTC 2010

Hi Erik,

> Ah yes, it's something I forgot to copy/paste for the x86_64 compiler. A
> new version of the darwinx-gcc package has just been published which
> should solve both issues (a patch has also been added to fix the first
> issue).

Thanks for the quick update to the package.  I downloaded the latest
darwinx-gcc package and the C++ compiler could not be used to link
binaries.  I tracked it down to the fact that the SDK was not updated
to mirror libstdc++.dylib from

/usr/darwinx/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/Developer/usr/llvm-gcc-4.2/lib/gcc/i686-apple-darwin9/4.2.1/

/usr/darwinx/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/Developer/usr/llvm-gcc-4.2/lib/gcc/x86_64-apple-darwin9/4.2.1/

I did this manually and was able to proceed with compiling and
linking.  Next, I have to test the binaries to see if they work, but
I'm crossing my fingers that they will.

Not to harp on this issue too much, but did you find it much easier to
create a separate x86_64-apple-darwin9 rather than using
i686-apple-darwin9 and providing true multilib support?

Also on snow leopard it looks like the compiler is called
i686-apple-darwin10.  What is the distinction between 9 and 10?

Thanks!
Paarvai