mingw32-ocaml, missing symbols in libthreadsnat.a

Paul Steckler Paul.Steckler at nicta.com.au
Fri May 21 06:47:06 UTC 2010

I asked (and no one answered):

> Could it be that libthreadsnat.a was not built correctly in the Fedora 11 mingw32-ocaml package?

I looked into this issue myself.  The source for libthreadsnat.a (posix.c) assumes the target looks like
Linux (or Sun), not Windows.  There is a MinGW pthreads library, which gets you some of the way there,
but the source also assumes that Unix signals are available on the target.

My conclusion is that you can't get OCaml to use native Win32 threads by building with the MinGW ocaml
cross-compiler.  Does anyone know any different?

-- Paul
--
Paul Steckler
National ICT Australia