Smartcard PC/SC support in MingW on Fedora

fkooman at tuxed.net fkooman at tuxed.net
Wed Nov 10 20:37:12 UTC 2010

Hi,

I would like to see PC/SC support in MingW so it becomes possible to
compile applications using card readers, for example libnfc and
gpshell on Fedora for Windows. What would be the steps in order to
achieve this?

pcsc-lite (pcsc-lite-libs and pcsc-lite-devel) seems to be a
re-implementation of the PC/SC stack in Windows to work on Unices.

Ideally it would be possible to compile and link on Linux and run on
Windows using their native PC/SC implementation.

I also see that the package wine (and wine-devel) have some files
related to PC/SC support. For example these files are available in
wine:

/usr/lib/wine/fakedlls/winscard.dll
/usr/lib/wine/winscard.dll.so
/
usr/include/wine/windows/winscard.h
/usr/lib/wine/libwinscard.def

Would that be of any help?

How should I proceed to get PC/SC compile/link working on MingW?

Regards,
François