Smartcard PC/SC support in MingW on Fedora

Erik van Pienbroek erik at vanpienbroek.nl
Mon Nov 15 15:46:50 UTC 2010

fkooman at tuxed.net schreef op ma 15-11-2010 om 11:36 [+0100]:
> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 10:50 PM, Erik van Pienbroek
> <erik at vanpienbroek.nl> wrote:
> > The old mingw.org project does not bundle headers like winscard.h. The
> > new mingw-w64 project looks much more promising. See [1] for the
> > contents of this header.
>
> I managed to get it to work with your cross* testing repository.
> Thanks! Only issue left is that the winscard{.h,.lib} support is only
> available in the x86_64 tree, and not in the i686 tree, what is up
> with that? It this easy to "fix"?

It looks like the winscard.def file (which is used to generate a .a/.lib
file) for the i686 target doesn't exist in the v1.0 branch of the
mingw-w64 project [1]. However, it does exist in the development branch
of the mingw-w64 project [2]. The fedora-cross testing repository is
based on the v1.0 branch of the mingw-w64 project.

If there's enough demand for it I can rebase my work to the development
branch of the mingw-w64 project although I don't know how stable it
currently is. Perhaps somebody who is more involved in the mingw-w64
project can comment on this?

Regards,

Erik van Pienbroek

[1]: