Announcing the Cross Compiler Framework (Win32+Win64)

Erik van Pienbroek erik at vanpienbroek.nl
Tue Jan 4 12:43:02 UTC 2011

Kevin Kofler schreef op di 04-01-2011 om 08:38 [+0100]:
> While it makes sense to have a single cross-* SRPM, IMHO the binary RPMs
> should really be subpackaged into mingw32-*, mingw64-* and eventually
> darwinx-*. If I want to build W32 binaries, I don't need W64 stuff and most
> definitely not OS X stuff, and the other way round.
>
> Having all cross targets stuffed into the same binary RPMs strikes me as
> extremely unhelpful.

I agree with your point that placing all targets in a single binary RPM
isn't an ideal solution. While working on this framework I thought about
the possibility to split everything in per-target RPM's, but I got stuck
at the filelist part. I couldn't think of a method to easily indicate
that all files using %{_mingw32_...} macros have to end up in a mingw32-
package.

Have you got any idea how we can overcome this without introducing a lot
of duplicate instructions in the .spec files?

Kind regards,

Erik van Pienbroek