mingw-filesystem-scripts

Erik van Pienbroek erik at vanpienbroek.nl
Wed Jul 6 12:26:45 UTC 2011

Farkas Levente schreef op wo 06-07-2011 om 14:09 [+0200]:
> On 07/06/2011 01:57 PM, Erik van Pienbroek wrote:
> > After thinking some more about this I decided to drop the
> > mingw-filesystem package and rename the -scripts package to -base. So
> > now we've got the mingw-filesystem SRPM which produces 3 binary RPMs:
> > mingw32-filesystem, mingw64-filesystem and mingw-filesystem-base.
>
> but why mingw-filesystem-base better then mingw-filesystem???
> that was my original question too.

I chose that name so it will be more clear to users that the
mingw-filesystem-base package only contains the base files which are
needed for mingw32 and mingw64 support. If all those files were put in a
package named mingw-filesystem it may give users the impression that
this package contains complete support for both mingw32 and mingw64
environments (which it doesn't).

Regards,

Erik van Pienbroek