mingw64_env

Erik van Pienbroek erik at vanpienbroek.nl
Wed Jul 6 22:02:30 UTC 2011

Farkas Levente schreef op wo 06-07-2011 om 23:46 [+0200]:
> hi,
> while at end of mingw64_env there is a
> export lt_cv_deplibs_check_method="pass_all"
> it's missing from the mingw32_env.
> which one is the good?

Hi Levente,

It's correct that mingw64_env contains this libtool export and
mingw32_env doesn't. The reason behind this is that to build .dll
libraries for win64 you need a recent libtool (one which is familiar
with the x86_64-w64-mingw32 triplet). Most of the Fedora mingw32-*
packages were built using an too old libtool resulting in only static
libraries being built. Instead of manually running libtoolize in most
mingw-* packages (to get a recent enough libtool in place) I added a
global libtool export which is set during the build for all win64
packages.

Kind regards,

Erik van Pienbroek